Whether your eCommerce store is developed with Magento, WordPress WooCommerce or any other leading shopping cart software, one thing is certain. Your images and photography must stand out.
Remember, on a website there is no luxury of having a salesperson talk to the customer, offer to let them touch and feel the product. All you have is a bunch of photographs, text and if you’re lucky a product video.
Some tips on ensuring you have attractive, enticing and converting images:
- Think clear, crisp images. Invest in a decent camera (no mobile snaps please), good lighting and always have attention to detail
- Go for white backgrounds. Especially if you have alot of images. If its a handful, feel free to experiment with subtle and flat color backgrounds
- Avoid shadows. Ensure you have proper lighting, this allows greater detail of the product.
- If possible, remove all background from the image (deep etching) but do it neatly. Else just shoot on a white background.
- Photos of multiple angles, and if need be in different states (eg. open, closed, etc)
- Try to have some real world shots of the item in use too. Generally your primary image should be a basic, plain white background and additional images can be action shots.
- Experiment with different angles, i find a 45 degree semi overhead view gives great results and fill the frame nice.